Saturday, January 11, 2020

Week 3- Informational Text: Who Is Malala Yousafzai?



Malala is a woman who experienced an incredibly traumatic childhood. She was born in Pakistan and when she was just a young girl the Taliban no longer wanted girls to be educated. Malala stood up for her education and what she believed in, and it almost cost her her life.

I absolutely love Malala and this book. I have heard children say how they hate going to school or wish they weren't forced to go. This is the story of a girl who fought for her education at all costs and that is a great lesson for kids to take in. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars for that reason.


Title: Who Is Malala Yousafzai?
Author: Dinah Brown
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Year: 2015
ISBN: 978-0399540004

1 comment:

  1. My sons and I discovered this series several years ago. I can always count on these books to have interesting text, well-researched information, and engaging points. They are great for students transitioning from chapter books to longer texts.

    ReplyDelete

Week 3: Poem- Green Eggs and Ham

Dr. Seuss is the first author most people think of when they think of children's poems. This story is universal, which I love. It te...